HOUGANG MASTER PLAN
Hougang is a mature town with good schools and a variety of parks and sports facilities. Over the next few years, residents will be able to enjoy more community facilities and recreational options and have access to more jobs near home. There are also plans to showcase the town’s rich history and heritage sites.
Key Points of URA Master Plan:
- Hougang will become an Integrated Transport Hub, with Future MRT Cross Island Line passing through it.
- Punggol Park will be expanded.
Park connectors to be able to access Kallang Riverside.
- Singapore Institute of Technology will set up a new centralised campus in the Punggol Creative Cluster.
- New Lor Halus & Defu Industrial Parks will be developed to provide more jobs for Northeast residents.
- The land parcels fronting Sungei Serangoon will incorporate greenery and will be integrated with public recreational amenities.